Odds for the 2018 FIFA World Cup Final – France vs Croatia
Has this been the wackiest FIFA Soccer World Cup ever?
The shocks have been never ending at the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
From the surprise early knockouts of the World Cup’s 2014 finalists, Germany and Argentina, through to Japan’s ‘almost victory’ over the in-form World Number 4 team, Belgium in the Round of 16, and Senegal being the first team ever knocked out under the controversial new FIFA ‘fair play’ rule, the latest incarnation of Soccer’s greatest tournament has had it all for the online sports bettor who likes to receiving betting value for backing the underdogs and unapologetically placing wagers with their heart instead of their head.
It’s only a matter of days now until we know the winner of the 2018 World Cup and Online Casino Canada will be with you every step of the way with the following World Cup Final preview for the big game between France and Croatia betting market and odds updates.
For your betting convenience below, you’ll find a table including all the updated odds for;
- The World Cup Final between France and Croatia and the latest UPDATED odds for them lift the World Cup from the three of the main and recommended sports betting providers for Canadians (Betway, William Hill and 888 Casino).
Our independently tested and reviewed online Sports Books here at Online Casino Canada provide you with simply the best recommended and independently tested Sports Books that cater year-round for Canadians, all the sports which we Canucks love AND a full range of casino games that can be played online and moreover, easily navigated World Cup Betting Markets.
Other than our Top Three recommended online casinos for the Canadian sports bettor and online casino games player, are other ‘themed site recommendations include the excellent PornHub Casino(complete with full adult entertainment theme including Naked Live Dealers), Spin Palace and the ever light and fun, Karamba Casino.
Our complete range of sportsbooks are expressly selected with the Canadian sports better and online casino game player in mind. All of our reviewed sportsbooks are recommended for online players interested in betting on the full complement of Canadian, North American and worldwide sports events such as NHL, CFL, NFL, MLB, PGA Golf tournaments, NCAA, MLS, NBA and coming shortly after the completion of the World Cup for its inaugural season, the new Canadian Premier League.
With Canada co-hosting the 2026 FIFA Soccer World Cup, it is expected that more big-time players will be moving from the big European and South America leagues and will be looking to sign and become involved in the Canadian Premier League to familiarize themselves with our unique Canadian climate, soccer stadiums and pitch conditions.
2018 FIFA World Cup Final
France v Croatia (Odds Updated 12 July 2018)
The old and the new – The clash between France’s teen phenom, Kylian Mbappe, and Croatian veteran, Luka Modric, will be a highlight in determining the 2018 FIFA World Cup Final Winner.
15 July 2018 – Luzhniki Stadium – Moscow – Russia
Who are favorites to win? France. France’s ‘total’ football plan created by coach Didier Deschamps (France’s former World Cup-winning captain in 1998) and very nearly perfectly executed by the French legion of football talent (other than their very slow first half of the World Cup against Australia), has them deserved favorites in their first World Cup Final since 2006.
Take note, Croatia are not out of this match either. A keen and strategic side themselves himself, these Croatian players have been supplied with a huge dose of self-belief with overcoming three extra time knockout games in a row. Moreover, Croatia now possess a professional and hard-nosed cynical edge that their previous World Cup sides have lacked. These Croatian players have been together a long time and whilst potentially out-classed by France, they certainly have the edge in experience.
Why France can win?
- France started the World Cup at a snail like pace and with each match, they are have progressively become better and better.
- It could be argued that France are yet to ‘click’ collectively as a unit in both attack and defense. If they do, watch out England!
- Under coach Didier Deschamps’ authoritarian rule, it has been one of the French side’s great strengths – working together as a unit. It might have been difficult to fit all these enormous French egos in the one dressing room, but Deschamps has worked wonders bonding his galaxy of eclectic and sublime footballing talent into one single-minded force.
- Kylian Mbappe is a seriously talented young 19-year-old footballer and does things in big games that a player of that innocent age should have no right to attempt, let alone execute One standout moment among many showed what the young man can do in France’s semi-final win over Belgium. His impudent back-heel through a crowded penalty to find Olivier Giroud in space was the stuff of genius.
- The strong French midfield led by Paul Pogba, Blaise Matuidi, Bejamin Pavard and N’Golo Kante can maintain and potentially control possession against all oppositions.
Why Croatia Can Win?
- Croatia’s team of stars are one of the most experienced squads at this World Cup and at this level that counts for a lot. Man after man in the Croatian team knows precisely what to do in pressurized and extreme situations With the majority of their team playing at big and successful clubs across all the major European Leagues, the Croatian have used this depth of experience to become the first ever team to come from behind to win three consecutive knockout matches.
- This Croatian side are a united unit, without the usual ‘internal bickering’ one might expect from a Croatian side at a major championship. ‘Balkan Bliss’ has ensued.
- Ivan Rakitic is due to have a big game in attack. Whilst Luka Modric, Ivan Perisic and Mario Mandzukic have been cutting defenses to ribbons, Rakitic has been unusually quiet and France could pay for that.
- The Croatian defense has been superbly organized all tournament and extremely good (perhaps the best) at defending against the counter attack as the Croatians have had to play from behind in all their knockout round matches.
- The Croatians are a much better side than the bookies suggest. Don’t write them off.
|Team||Betway||William Hill||888 Casino|
|Draw (After 90 minutes)||9/4||11/5||28/13|