There’s never been a better time to be an online casino player. There are thousands of games to play; we’ve seen a massive increase in software quality and plenty of generous bonuses for new and returning players. You might think that with so many great Canadian online casinos, you can’t go wrong no matter who you pick, right? Well, not all casinos were created equal, and some are much better than others. We’re here to give you the lowdown on the best Canadian online casinos, so read on to find out where you should be playing.
ONLINE CASINO CANADA
How we Choose the Best Online Casinos in Canada
We’ve compared all of the best online casinos across Canada, and we’ve come up with a definitive list of the best sites around. You may be wondering, “How do you choose the best online casinos for Canadians?” Well, we have a list of factors we consider when ranking our casinos. The more factors a casino scores highly in, the more we recommend it. We make sure that our requirements are things that are important to real players, which means that you can be sure that the casinos we recommend are of the highest quality.
- Registration process - We want to ensure that the registration process is easy for our users. If you have to jump through a load of hoops before you can play, you’ll likely give up before you even make a deposit, so we check that you can create your account and start playing in as few steps as possible.
- Bonus & promotions - The bonuses and promotions you get from playing at a site are one of the most important aspects for some people. These bonuses are essentially free money and give you the chance of winning money without having to risk any of your own. We compare the bonuses and promotions from all the sites to ensure we recommend the best ones.
- Games & RTP - A wide selection of games is important for any casino; after all, you’d quickly get bored if you could only play a handful of games on a site. Not only is game variety important, but we also look at the RTP rates of these games. The higher the RTP rate, the more you can expect to get back from your bets, meaning that your bankroll lasts longer while you play. A great game selection and high RTP rates add up to an enjoyable user experience.
- License, Legal and Reputation - Our top priority is ensuring that we recommend the safest Canadian online casinos. That’s why we check that each casino we recommend is fully licensed, complies with local gambling laws, and has a good reputation amongst the gambling community.
- Payment methods - Getting your money on and off the site is vital for a great user experience. If you have trouble depositing and withdrawing, it will impact your enjoyment of a site. We do our best to recommend casinos with a large number of payment methods, so you have plenty of options for moving your money around.
- Customer support - It’s important to know that when you’re playing at an online casino, you’ll be supported if things ever go wrong. We check each casino for their customer support options and how effective they are, so you can be secure in the knowledge that if you have any questions or queries, the online casino site will be able to assist.
How we rate and rank the best online casinos in Canada
We have a team of professionals that evaluates each site based on these criteria, among other things, to give you the best information available. Our experts have years of experience in the casino industry and know just what a player wants and needs from an online casino. They research, sign up to, deposit, and play on each of these sites, so they can give you the best information possible.
Our aim is to create a platform that can be relied upon for high-quality and trusted reviews, as well as a one-stop shop for all information about the online casino world and other areas that might interest casino players.
How to open an account and play at online casinos?
Now that you’ve been given a list of our top casinos in Canada and information on how we choose them, the time has come to create an account at one of these casinos and start playing. Signing up to an online casino is easy, and we’ve created a step-by-step guide that will help you even further.
- Choose Your Site - The first thing you need to do is choose the site you’d like to play at. You should make your decision based on the most important factors to you, so if you want a casino with high RTP games, check out our list below, or if security is important to you, check out our list of the safest Canadian online casinos.
- Register - The registration process for online casinos is simple. All you need to do is fill out a form or two with your personal information, such as your name, address, and telephone number. Once you’ve filled out all your information, your account will be created.
- Choose a Banking Option - Once you’ve made your account, you’ll need to fund it to start playing. Check out the range of banking options they have, and choose the one that you’d like to use.
- Make a Deposit - After choosing your banking method, the next step is to make a deposit. All you need to do is fill out your payment information, type in the amount you’d like to deposit, and complete any security checks. As soon as you’re finished depositing, your funds will be immediately available.
- Start Playing! - Once your deposit has been processed, you’re ready to start playing, so pick your favourite game and have fun!
What to Consider When Opening an Account
If you’re opening an online casino account for the first time, there are a few things you should consider before you do so.
- Personal Information - You need to be comfortable with sites having your personal information. If you try to sign up with a fake name/ID, your account will be closed and you won’t be able to withdraw your winnings.
- Age Restriction - Make sure that you’re of legal gambling age in your region. If an online casino finds out you’re underage, your account will be closed and you will forfeit your account balance.
- Bonuses & Promotions - When signing up for a site, it can be easy to look at the bonuses and nothing else, but bonuses aren’t always as good as they seem. Make sure to read the terms and conditions and remember that you’re not obligated to accept these promotions.
- Self Control - Online gambling requires an even temperament. If you’re prone to anger or emotional outbursts, those will be exacerbated by gambling. Playing online casino games should be fun, so if it stops being fun, you need to stop playing.
Top 5 licensed online casinos in Canada
Having a casino license is extremely important to us as it’s the strongest indicator of the legitimacy of an online casino. Casinos have to pass stringent requirements to be granted and maintain their license, so a casino that holds a license by a recognized gambling authority is one that can be trusted. While gambling legislation in Canada is managed on a provincial level, Ontario is leading the way with its new gambling commission, the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO), which looks to enforce stricter rules and regulations on gaming companies.
- Betway Casino - Betway Casino is a fully licensed gaming operator, with licenses from both the UK Gambling Commission and the Maltese Gaming Authority - two of the most well-respected licensing authorities in the world. They have also recently successfully applied for a license from the AGCO to continue providing gaming in Ontario.
- 888casino - Another gaming company with multiple licenses, 888casino is fully licensed by the UK Gambling Commission, the Gibraltar Regulatory Authority, and the AGCO.
- ComeOn! - While it may not be a household name, ComeOn! the casino does things by the book. They’re registered with the Maltese Gaming Authority as well as the AGCO for a two-year license, only the 12th operator to do so.
- JackpotCity - While most of these companies are registered in Europe, JackpotCity online casino is registered on this side of the water, with a license from the Kahnawake Gaming Commission and a new license from the AGCO.
- Spin Casino - Finally, on our list, we have Spin Casino. This operator is under the same umbrella as JackpotCity, which is registered with the Kahnawake Gaming Commission and the AGCO.
Thanks to their AGCO licenses and gaming licenses from recognized authorities worldwide, all of these sites are legal across Canada, whether you’re playing in B.C. or Ontario.
Types of Online Casino Bonuses
One of the great things about playing at a top Canadian online casino is the range of bonuses they have on offer. No matter what games you enjoy playing, you’ll be able to find a bonus that suits your needs. Let’s take a look at the most popular bonuses and how they work.
A welcome bonus is an offer that is only available to new players to a particular site; if you already have an account, you won’t be eligible for these promotions. When you create your account, you’ll often be prompted to choose a welcome bonus or enter a code to redeem one. There are many types of welcome bonuses, including free spins, free credits, and matched deposit bonuses. For example, JackpotCity online casino has a $1600 matched deposit welcome bonus, where you can earn $1600 free to play with if you deposit $1600.
No Deposit Bonus
These bonuses are a favorite amongst casino players, as they give you all of the upsides with none of the risks. A no-deposit bonus gives you free spins, free credits, or free bets without the need to deposit any of your own money. This means that you can play real money online casino games without having any of your money on the site. These bonuses are great for players on a budget or players looking to try out an online casino before depositing.
While most casinos focus on their welcome bonus to draw in new players, a top Canadian online casino will also offer redeposit bonuses for their loyal customers. These offers work the same way as welcome bonuses, but you can use them if you already have an account. All you have to do is make a deposit in line with the terms and conditions, enter any bonus codes required, and your bonus will be in your account!
Online Casino Bonuses Terms and Conditions
Although these online casino bonuses may seem like free money; they come with strings attached in the form of terms and conditions. These terms and conditions must be fulfilled to be eligible for the bonus in the first place, as well as be able to withdraw the money you’re given.
Casino bonuses cannot be withdrawn immediately and must be played through before they become eligible for withdrawal, except in extremely rare cases. This is called a wagering requirement, and you’ll usually see it in the terms and conditions of a bonus. If a bonus has a wagering requirement of 30x, you must play through the total amount of the bonus 30 times before you can withdraw it. For example, if you get a $10 bonus with a 30x wagering requirement, you must wager $300 of bonus money before you can withdraw it.
Now, you may realize that $300 is higher than $10, so how can you possibly wager such a high amount? Well, the casino requires you to keep playing with your bonus money if you win with it, so if you take your $10 bonus and win a hand of blackjack, you now have $20 in bonuses to bet with. The casinos hope you will lose the bonus money before it becomes eligible for withdrawal.
Online Casinos Bonuses Strategy
As the casinos impose these wagering requirements on bonuses; players must be strategic when using their bonuses to give themselves the best chance of keeping any money. Some wagering requirements are so high that it’s not even worth accepting the bonus! While a range of offers may be available to you, you’re not required to accept every bonus offered to you.
We recommend that you pick the bonuses that have low wagering requirements (sports betting bonuses often have the lowest play-through requirements) or bonuses for games that you already play. Don’t make the mistake of depositing $100 to get a $50 bonus on a game you never play, only to find out that it has a 100x wagering requirement, and your chances of seeing a return on your investment are slim to none.
Online Casino Promotions and Loyalty Programs
So, what kind of promotions can you expect if you sign up to one of these top Canadian online casinos? Let’s have a look at the promotions and offers you can expect to find when comparing sites:
- Welcome Bonus - Most, if not all, Canadian casinos will offer a welcome bonus to its new customers. You can expect to find a matched deposit bonus, like the $1600 matched deposit bonus offered by JackpotCity.
- Deposit Bonus - After your initial deposit, you become ineligible for welcome offers, so you need to rely on deposit or redeposit bonuses. These bonuses work the same way as welcome bonuses, make a deposit in line with the terms and conditions, and you’ll be rewarded with free bet credits, free spins, or a matched deposit.
- No Deposit Bonus - If you want all the rewards of a bonus without the risk of depositing, this bonus is for you. You get the chance to win money without depositing any of your own money, just like you can with Casino Classic’s free chance to become an instant millionaire!
- Free Spins - Some casinos will reward their loyal slots players with free spins on popular games. Sometimes you’ll need to make a deposit to claim these spins, but sometimes they’re instantly added to your account.
- Daily Bonus - If you want to make every day special, you can take advantage of daily casino bonuses. Some will offer a new bonus every day, and some will offer bonuses on specific days of the week, just like PlayAmo and their Sunday special offer, where you get the chance to get a 50% deposit bonus and free spins.
As well as one-time promotions that boost your bankroll, some casinos will offer a loyalty program that rewards you the more you play. There are a couple of ways these loyalty programs can work. The most common way is that a casino will reward you based on losses. The more you lose, the more you get back from the casino. These rewards are often points that can be exchanged for cash or other desirable items like designer clothes or watches.
The best loyalty programs reward you based on how much you play rather than your results. For example, if you play through $10,000 but end up breaking even, you could make money from the loyalty program if they reward you based on how much you play. However, if they only reward you on how much you lose, you wouldn’t get anything back from them.
Best online casino games for Canadian Players
The best online casino game you can play is the one you find the most fun. Your enjoyment is the number one priority, and if you go into these games thinking you’re going to make money, you’re gonna have a bad time. If you’re looking for a new game to play or completely new to the world of online casinos and want to know what’s available, we’ve made a list of the best casino games for Canadian players.
Online slots are simply the online version of live slot machines. In this game, you input your money into the machine, choose the number of pay lines plus the stake of each line, and push the button to spin. To win, you need to match a certain number of symbols along your pay lines.
There isn’t much skill to these games, as you’re relying on luck for the symbols to match, but they're very popular because of their bright themes and exciting animation. They’re the perfect game if you want to gamble but don’t want to do a lot of thinking.
- Always go for the maximum number of pay lines to increase your chances of winning.
- Pick high RTP slots where possible.
Roulette is a game of chance where players bet on the outcome of where a ball will land within a spinning wheel. Players can make bets on the color of the number that the ball lands in, the number itself, whether that number is odd or even, and much more!
While there’s no skill in online roulette, as players can’t manipulate the ball's trajectory or where it lands, it remains a popular game, thanks to the tension of watching the ball and seeing where it will land.
- Don’t play American roulette, as the house edge is double that of European roulette.
- Look for games with the “En Prison” or “Surrender” rule.
One of the most popular games in the casino, online blackjack is a card game where the aim of the game is to beat the total of the dealer’s hand without going over 21. Players are dealt two cards and can decide whether or not to take more cards or to stick with the total they have.
There is some skill to playing blackjack online, as the decisions you make at the table impact the likelihood of you beating the dealer and winning your bet. The popularity is largely due to the game's fast-paced action, as you can get through a large number of hands in a short amount of time if the dealer is fast enough.
- Stay away from insurance bets.
- Always hit on 16 or lower against a dealer 7 or higher.
Video Poker is a fun and exciting game that combines the thrill of slot machines with poker. The aim of the game is to make the best five-card poker hand. You’re initially dealt five cards and can decide which ones you want to hold and which ones you want to discard. After you’ve made your choice, you’re given new cards based on the number of cards you discarded, and if you make a qualifying hand, you win!
Since its inception, video poker has been extremely popular amongst casino players, as it has the feel of a slot machine, but it gives the players agency. Some versions of video poker have an RTP rate of above 100%, which means that you can make money if you play perfectly! If you’re interested in learning more, we have strategy articles on video poker that can help you play optimally.
- Try to find the highest RTP games available.
- Always play with the maximum number of credits to get the bigger jackpot.
A favorite amongst the high rollers, baccarat is a card game where the aim is to get as close to 9 as possible. However, unlike blackjack, where you can only bet on your own hand, in baccarat, you can bet on the dealer’s hand or on the hand is a tie.
This increased agency makes it a popular game, as you have even more ways to win. Be sure to check out our baccarat guides for more information on playing baccarat online and the optimal baccarat strategy.
- Avoid betting on the tie, as that only happens 9.51% of the time.
- Betting the banker will give you the best return, as they win 45.87% of the time.
Pai Gow Poker
In Pai Gow Poker, players are dealt seven cards, and the aim of the game is to create a five-card and a two-card poker hand that can beat the banker’s five-card and two-card hands. If both of your hands beat the bankers, you win the bet, but if the banker wins either of them or if one of them is a tie, you lose the bet.
One of the things that makes Pai Gow popular is the sliding scale of payouts that increases with the quality of your hand. Players have the possibility of making 2-1, all the way up to 5000-1 in the same hand, which is very exciting!
- Always play trips in your five-card hand unless it’s trip aces.
- If you have quads of JJ+, always split them into two pairs.
The only casino dice game on our list, craps is a game where the aim is to roll a number (called a point) with two dice, then roll that same number again before a 7 is rolled. Players can bet on various outcomes of the dice from one roll to the next, giving players a lot of choices.
This is one of the most popular games on the casino floor, thanks to the fact that players can roll the dice. When everyone’s winning, it can create a great atmosphere which is a lot of fun to be around, and playing craps online can be just as fun.
- If you want the bet with the best house edge, take the odds bet.
- The “don’t pass” and “don’t come” bets are slightly better than the “pass line” and “come” bets.
Keno is a lottery game that gives you control of how you want to play. You can choose to play from as few as two numbers up to 10. You then pick the amount you want to bet, and twenty numbers are drawn at random; match two or more numbers to win a prize, but the more numbers you match, the more you win.
The amount of choice the player has in this lottery game makes it extremely popular. It can also be played at any time, so there’s no need to wait for a certain day as you do with the national lottery. You can also play Keno online, which gives it another advantage over conventional lottery games.
- Find the casinos with the best payouts.
- Choose between four and eight numbers for optimal results.
A traditional bingo card has 25 squares filled with numbers, with the middle square being a free space. Cards are handed out to people at random, and once everyone has a card, the caller draws balls with numbers at random (although in online bingo this is done by a computer). You can win by completing a vertical line, a horizontal line, or completing the card.
There isn’t any strategy to playing bingo online; you just have to hope that your numbers are called. While it isn’t the most exhilarating game, it can get quite tense when you only have one or two numbers left. It’s also a relaxing game to play, which adds to its popularity, especially amongst older players.
- Cross your fingers and pray!
If you’re interested in learning more about any of these games, be sure to check out our strategy articles!
Play for Real Money vs Play for Fun
If you’re new to these games, you may not want to spend your hard-earned money trying to learn them when you’re at an obvious disadvantage. In these scenarios, it’s better to play for free so you can get a feel for how the game works before you risk any of your own money. Most casinos offer free-to-play versions of their games for this exact reason. Once you know what you’re doing and you enjoy the game, that’s when you should make the jump to playing for real money.
How to play online casinos for free
If you want to play online casino games for free but still want a chance of winning some money, you’re in luck, as it can be done. You’ll need to take advantage of the many offers and promotions that casinos run, as they give you the possibility of playing and winning real money without risking any of your own.
No deposit bonuses are the best for this, as you get the bonus without having to put any of your money on the site. Even deposit bonuses don’t require you to play with your money; as long as you’ve deposited to the site, you’ll get your bonus. However, you won’t be able to deposit, claim your bonus, and immediately withdraw, as withdrawing your initial deposit before your bonus has expired will lead to your bonus being voided. Always keep your money on the site until your bonus is complete.
Top Rated Online Slots for Canadian Players
It’s no secret that online slots are one of if not the most popular Canadian casino games. It’s the game that most people think of when they think of gambling, and as such, they're often the first game people play when they start gambling. Check out our list below if you’re looking for the top online slots to play.
- Mega Moolah - This safari-themed slot features five reels, three rows, and 25 possible paylines that give you plenty of ways to win. It also features Mini, Minor, Major, and Mega jackpots, with the Mega jackpot regularly reaching seven figures!
- Immortal Romance - While romance isn’t the first thing you’d think of at a casino, the paranormal romance theme has proved a popular one. In 2021, this game was “revamped” to give improved features to its players, such as Autoplay and Quickspin, and it also improved its visuals and sound design to give a more immersive playing experience.
- Amazing Link Zeus - Harness the power of the Greek gods and play this amazing slot jam-packed full of features, from its amazing design to its multiple wild symbols. This game has expanding wilds, free spin wilds, jackpot wilds, and many more! It’s one of the most action-packed games available, so you won’t want to miss it.
Top 3 Legal & Trusted Casinos in Canada
While we would never recommend a casino that isn’t trustworthy, the truth is that some are more secure than others. Whether it’s the specific licenses they’ve acquired or the security measures they take to protect your data, some casinos do a better job of offering a safe and secure place to play. If legality is your number one priority, here are our top three legal and trusted Canadian casinos.
JackpotCity is licensed by two gambling authorities, the Kahnawake Gaming Commission and the AGCO. This means that they’re licensed to offer real money games to the citizens of Ontario, so there is no grey area about their operation within the province. JackpotCity is also independently endorsed for fairness by eCORGA, so you can be sure that the games are legal and fair.
Casino Classic is fully licensed by the Kahnawake Gaming Commission and has held its permit since the year 2000. With over 20 years in the gaming industry, you can be sure that Casino Classic does everything by the book. They have also had their games independently tested by eCORGA and accredited by the organization.
PlayAmo casino is owned by Dama N.V., which is registered as a business in Curacao. The casino has a license from the eGaming Licensing Authority of Antillephone N.V. Not only are they fully regulated, but they also offer industry-standard security of SSL encryption for all connections to their site.
Is Online Gambling Legal in Canada?
While we’re on the subject of legality, you may be wondering whether or not it’s legal to gamble in Canada, as there’s often some confusion around this topic. It is not illegal to participate in online gambling, as there is no Canadian law that prohibits it. However, it is considered a grey area on the operator's side. Canadian law currently requires a gambling operator to be licensed or owned by a provincial government to be considered legal, but there doesn’t seem to be much done about the hundreds of unlicensed sites that offer their services to Canadian players.
Gambling is an area of legislation that’s left to the discretion of the provincial government, and as such, most provinces created separate government entities called Lottery Corporations, whose sole function was the management of gaming within that province. Most provinces gave these corporations free reign to offer all types of gaming within their respective province, which created provincial monopolies, as they do not offer licenses to any other gambling company. This results in a worse product for the player, as there is no competition from other sites, which means there is no need to offer new games or great bonuses.
However, the lack of action against offshore competitors means that Canadian players have a choice regarding the casino they play on, as there is no law regarding playing on an offshore site.
Regulation in Ontario
Ontario is leading the way in internet gambling legislation and has created strict rules and regulations regarding the operation of gambling sites within its region. It’s the first province to break the provincial monopoly and give licenses to offshore gaming sites as long as they meet the requirements of the AGCO. Some of these requirements include fair and transparent gaming results, quick and accurate payouts, and an emphasis on data security.
This means that if you play at an online casino with a gaming license from the AGCO, you can be sure that the games are fair, you’ll be paid your winnings in a timely manner, and your information will be secure.
Regulation in Alberta
The Alberta online gambling legislation is more in line with what you will see in other provinces around Canada. The only licensed gaming operator is the provincially owned PlayAlberta.ca, and no other gaming operator is legally allowed to operate in Alberta.
However, that hasn’t stopped many popular gaming operators from offering their services to Canadian players, as there doesn’t seem to be much the Canadian government can do about it. Remember that a license from your particular province isn’t the only thing you should consider, as many reputable gaming sites with licenses from other recognized authorities offer their services to Canadian players.
Payment Options at online casinos for Canadian Players
When choosing one of our highly rated Canadian casinos, one of the things you need to consider is the available deposit methods. Being able to get your money on and off the site without a hassle is very important, as no one wants to be stuck in limbo where they’re unsure whether or not they can receive their money.
The more banking options a casino has, the better, as it gives you more choice as a consumer. Most people will have a favoured banking method in their daily life, so it’s often best to see if your chosen online casino offers that same banking method. Many of the most popular payment providers are supported by online casinos. Let’s take a look at what those are.
- Visa - Visa card transactions are some of the safest and most secure in the world, and they’re trusted by thousands of businesses around the world. They’re also one of the most convenient casino banking methods, as most people already have a Visa card they can use.
- PayPal - One of the most prominent e-wallet providers, PayPal is a fantastic payment option for online casinos, thanks to its speed. It offers some of the fastest withdrawal options around, with most players getting their money within 24 hours. You can even link your PayPal account to your online bank account/debit card, so you can make a deposit quickly and easily.
- Instant Bank Transfer - Companies like Trustly are offering instant bank transactions, so you can make deposits directly to/from your bank account, without having to wait days to receive your money.
- Skrill - Another e-wallet provider, Skrill is also one of the best options if you’re looking for speed. They’re also extremely secure and have been used for online casino transactions since their inception in the early 2000s.
As well as the security and convenience of a deposit method, you also need to consider the fees. While most Canadian online casinos won’t charge their customers fees for depositing and withdrawing, some will, so it’s something that you need to check before signing up. The last thing you want is to make a deposit and find out you’re being hit with a 5% deposit fee on top of what you’re already paying.
Deposit Methods’ mini-FAQ
What deposit methods are available at Canadian casinos?
There is a range of deposit methods available at Candian casinos, including:
- Debit and credit cards like Visa and Mastercard.
- E-wallets like PayPal, Skrill, and Neteller.
- Bank Transfers.
- Instant Bank Transfers like Trustly.
- Mobile Wallets like Apple Pay and Google Pay.
What is the best deposit method?
The best deposit method is the method that offers what you need, whether that’s low/no fees, fast withdrawals, convenience, or anything else that’s important to you.
How do you deposit to an online casino?
Depositing to an online casino is very easy to do. Simply go to the banking page, choose “deposit,” pick your deposit method, input your payment details and deposit amount, then confirm the transaction. Once you’ve done that, your deposit will be available in your account.
What is the fastest deposit method?
All deposit methods offer instant deposits, so there isn’t much difference between payment options. The main difference comes in the withdrawal times, where e-wallets are often much faster.
Are you charged a fee for depositing to an online Canadian casino?
While most online Canadian casinos don’t charge their players for depositing, some will. Some sites charge fees for all deposits, whereas some will only charge for deposits using a certain banking method, so always check before you make your deposit.
Which deposit methods have the lowest fees?
The majority of deposit methods will offer free deposits at online casinos, and it’s at the discretion of the casino itself whether or not to charge fees. Therefore there isn’t one deposit method that has lower fees than any other.
Which is the safest deposit method?
All deposit methods offer secure transactions, but arguably the most secure payment methods are e-wallets, as they have built-in security measures, and you do not have to enter your banking details when using them.
When it comes to withdrawing from an online casino, there are a few things you need to consider.
- Wagering Requirements - If you’re trying to withdraw bonus money, you need to make sure that you’ve hit the wagering requirements; otherwise, it won’t be available for withdrawal.
- Active Bonuses - If you have an active bonus that has not been completed, you may not be able to make a withdrawal without voiding it. Make sure that you have completed all bonuses before withdrawing.
- Fees - Some casinos will charge fees for withdrawing, so you need to check to see whether or not it’s worth withdrawing now or maybe waiting until the fee isn’t such a large percentage of your withdrawal amount.
- Timing - It’s important to know how long your withdrawal will take, especially if you’re doing it as a matter of urgency. There’s no point starting a withdrawal that’s going to take three working days if you need the money tomorrow.
- Withdrawal Method - Most online casinos require you to withdraw using the same banking method that you deposited with, so make sure that there aren’t any problems receiving a withdrawal with that payment provider.
Once you’ve decided that it’s the right time to withdraw, it’s quick and easy to do. Follow these simple instructions to make a withdrawal from an online casino.
- Go to the banking page.
- Choose the “withdraw” option.
- Select your withdrawal method.
- Enter the amount you’d like to withdraw.
- Confirm the withdrawal.
It’s just that easy!
The fastest withdrawal methods are often e-wallets, which are usually processed within 24 hours. If you’re looking for speed, these are the options to choose from. However, if you’re looking for convenience and aren’t worried about how long it will take, withdrawing with a bank transfer or a visa transaction will put the money directly into your account.
Top 10 Online Casinos by RTP Percentage
Another thing that should be considered when choosing an online casino is the RTP rate. You want to make sure that your bankroll will last as long as possible, and playing games with a high RTP rate is the best chance of that happening. The higher the RTP rate, the more you’re theoretically supposed to get back from each bet; thus, the longer your bankroll lasts. Here are our top 10 casino sites by RTP rate.
|Casino Name||Welcome Bonus||Number of Games||Avg. Payout Time||Avg. RTP Rate|
|Boo Casino||$1000 bonus + 150 free spins||2200+||3 working days||98%|
|LuckyDays Casino||$1500 bonus + 100 free spins||2200+||1-2 days||97%|
|Quatro Casino||$100 matched deposit bonus + 700 free spins||650+||3 working days||97%|
|JackpotCity||$1600 matched deposit bonus||500+||1-2 days||96%|
|Spin Casino||$1000 matched deposit bonus||400+||1-2 days||96%|
|Casino Classic||No deposit bonus - instant chance to win $1,000,00 + 40 more chances with a $1 first deposit||550+||3 working days||96%|
|Nitro Casino||$500 matched deposit bonus||1300+||1-2 days||96%|
|Platinum Play Casino||$400 matched deposit bonus||600+||1-2 days||96%|
|Woo Casino||$150 matched deposit bonus+ 15- free spins||1200+||1-2 days||95%|
|PlayNow||$20 casino/live casino sign up bonus||400+||3 working days||94%|
Blacklisted Casinos in Canada
While our main aim is bringing you the best casinos online in Canada, we feel we wouldn’t be doing our duty if we didn’t warn you about some of the casinos you should avoid. All of the following casinos are not considered good options by our experts and should be avoided at all costs.
While this casino may look alright when you first visit the site; our experts found this site to be a “zombie casino.” This means that we were unable to contact anyone from customer support or the casino’s representatives, so it would be unwise to make a deposit to the site, as there’s no guarantee you would get it back.
Royal Rabbit is a casino that has received mixed reviews, with some sites recommending that you stay away from it and others saying it’s a legitimate website. We would side with the former, as some questionable business practices make it hard to recommend this casino. While most casinos have a minimum withdrawal amount of $10/$20, Royal Rabbit’s minimum withdrawal is $100, which is extremely high. They also have unclear terms and conditions for their bonuses, which has led to some players not receiving the bonus they assumed they would. The collection of these issues has led to us blacklisting the site.
Slots Jungle Casino
One of the major reasons we’ve added Slots Jungle Casino to our blacklist is that it does not accept players from Quebec. It wouldn’t be a great look for a Canadian casino review site if we recommended sites that don’t allow all Canadian players! On top of that, it’s clear from the company’s finances that they’ve been struggling for some time, which may make it difficult to be paid out, especially if you win big. This site has also had some issues with unfair terms and conditions in their bonuses, so with all of that combined, we cannot recommend this casino.
Best Real Money Casinos
Sometimes, you don’t want a casino with a lot of frills and extra features that you’re never gonna use; you just want a site that offers the best real money gaming. If this is what you’re looking for, these are the sites that you should check out.
- TonyBet - Your one-stop shop for all your betting needs. It has a sportsbook, live casino, and traditional casino games, as well as a $1000 welcome bonus with 120 free spins.
- JackpotCity - If you’re looking for the biggest slot jackpots, JackpotCity is the site for you. With multiple jackpots over $1,000,000 and a generous $1600 welcome bonus, this is the site for serious slots players.
- Wild Fortune - One of the best-looking sites on the market, Wild Fortune has a sleek user interface that makes it easy to navigate. You’ll have no problem searching for any of the thousands of games it has to offer, and you’ll have plenty of fun playing there.
- MagicRed - Not only does Magic Red have hundreds of top-quality slots to play, but it has a generous loyalty program that pays out in cash at the end of each month.
- Bizzo Casino - Another site with a fantastic user interface, Bizzo Casino has a wide range of games to choose from, a great welcome offer of $100 + 100 free spins, and a VIP program for its loyal customers.
Best Mobile Casinos
The modern casino player needs to be able to play on the go. Not many people have the time to sit down to gamble; they need to be able to squeeze it in between meetings or while they’re waiting for a bus. Mobile casinos are a slightly different experience to PC versions, so it’s important to highlight these differences, so you know what to expect. These differences also represent what we look for in mobile casinos, so let’s take a look at what they are.
- App or Site - Does the casino have a dedicated mobile app, or do they have a mobile-optimized website?
- Readability - One of the most important parts of playing casino games from your phone is how readable the screen is. It’s hard to enjoy your favourite games when you can barely work out what’s going on.
- Game Access - Some sites will limit their casino apps or mobile sites compared to their main site, so we highlight any important differences.
- Offers - Some casino offers are only available to mobile users, so sometimes it can be more lucrative to sign up and play from your mobile rather than your PC.
Now that you know what we look for in a mobile casino app, let’s look at the best mobile casinos on the market.
- Spin Casino - While Spin Casino may specialize in online slots, its mobile app is one of its best features. Available on Android and Apple devices, the Spin Casino app has full functionality, meaning you can access everything you do on the desktop version.
- JackpotCity Casino - Arguably the best Canadian online casino also has one of the best mobile apps. You can download it straight from the app store on both Android and Apple devices, and you get access to all the great jackpot slots and live casino games as you do on the desktop site.
- Quatro Casino - While most casino sites choose to go down the mobile app route, Quatro Casino has taken the more streamlined approach by using a mobile-optimized website. All you have to do is browse to the website on your phone, and you’ll be able to access your loyalty program and all the great casino games, just like you would on your PC.
- Casino Classic - Another site that’s gone down the mobile-optimized website route is Casino Classic. You get access to all the same signup bonuses as you would from your computer, so you have the possibility of becoming an instant millionaire on the bus ride home!
- Lucky Days Casino - One of the best-looking casino sites on the market has made its way onto your mobile screens, as Lucky Days Casino brings its full range of 2200+ casino games onto the small screen.
- Boo Casino - There’s nothing scary about this online casino, as Boo offers a fantastic welcome package and a range of great casino games to play. The site is fully optimized for mobile users - no app necessary - just browse and start playing.
- Casino Days - Every day is a casino day with Casino Days, as there are over 4000 games to choose from; even if you played a new game every day, it would take over 10 years to try each one! Luckily every single one of these games is available from their mobile-optimized website, so you can play a new game even when on the go.
- Nitro Casino - With $5000 in casino bonuses available for new players, Nitro casino really knows how to supercharge your bankroll. Not only does it have a great welcome package, but it also has a great-looking site which is fully accessible from mobile devices, with no need to download an app.
- Platinum Play Casino - While not all casino games are available to mobile users at Platinum Play Casino, you still get access to over 100 exciting online casino games. To access the site, just browse to it the same way you would on your PC and log in with the same username and password.
- Woo casino - Last but not least is Woo Casino, and “Woo!” is exactly what you’ll be saying if you download the dedicated Woo app. You get access to the full library of games on a fantastic-looking app on both Android and Apple devices.
New Online Casinos
While online casinos have been around since the 90s, they’re arguably reaching their peak in the 2020s. Where there’s money to be made, there will always be new sites popping up, trying to take a share of the market. It can be hard to know whether or not to trust these new sites, as they don’t have the reputation of sites that have been around for years. That being said, it doesn’t mean that you can’t trust any new casinos; in fact, it can be better to choose a new online casino over an established one. Let’s take a look at some of the differences.
|New Casino||Established Casino||Best Option?|
|Bonuses||New casinos often offer more generous bonuses in an attempt to attract new players.||They’re already established in the industry, so they don’t need to rely on lucrative bonuses to get new players.||New Casino|
|Currencies||Another way a new casino can set itself apart from the crowd is by offering a range of currencies, including cryptocurrencies, as deposit options for its users.||Most established casinos only deal with major currencies and will charge you conversion fees if you’re depositing in a different currency.||New Casino|
|User Experience||A new site will often be made with the latest technologies, meaning they’re speedier, can be used on multiple devices, and have a friendlier user interface.||While some established sites can stagnate over the years, the best sites will constantly update their site to be able to compete with up-and-coming competitors.||Tie|
|Credibility||It can be hard to gain credibility in the gambling industry, as that comes with time. New casinos are automatically at a disadvantage in that regard.||Established casinos are established because of the reputation they’ve gained over the year. You know what you’re getting with them, which makes them a safe choice.||Established Casino|
Security & Safety
The most important thing to consider when choosing an online casino is the safety and security it can offer your funds and your information. While every casino we recommend is safe to play on, it’s important to know how to identify a safe online casino.
The first thing that you should check is that it’s regulated by a recognized gambling authority. Some of the ones with the best reputation are the Maltese Gaming Authority, the UK Gambling Commission, and the Gibraltar Regulatory Authority, although regulatory commissions are just as legitimate. If a site has one of these licenses, it’s proof that they comply with local laws and regulations around gambling, including the security of player funds and player data. These licenses are expensive, and casinos need to meet stringent requirements to obtain one, so it’s a good way to easily identify legitimate casinos.
Another thing you can check is the security measures they take to ensure that your data remains secure. The best online casinos use encryption technology such as SSL, TLS, and HTTPS to ensure that every connection to their site is secure and cannot be accessed by hackers. You can check this by looking at the web address in your browser. If there is a padlock icon next to it or if it starts with HTTPS, you know that the connection is secure. If the connection is not secure, we wouldn’t recommend sending any sensitive data, as there’s a possibility that the transmission could be intercepted and your data could be stolen.
When playing at an online casino, you want to know that your questions or concerns will be answered, which is why it’s important to know the quality of the customer support team. It’s amazing how many casinos are lacking in this regard, either with limited customer support options or a support team that isn’t helpful in answering the average player’s queries.
On each casino review, we provide a full breakdown of your customer support options, including how they can be contacted, their working hours, and the languages they’re available in. It’s important that the team is available at hours that suit you - it’s no good if they’re available from 9am-5pm when you only play from 6pm-11pm. Similarly, in a multicultural country such as Canada, it’s important that a range of languages are available. It’s much easier to communicate in your native tongue, and you need to be understood when you’re asking questions about something as important as your casino deposit/withdrawal.
Best Land-Based Casinos
While our main focus is online casinos; we also want to provide you with the best brick-and-mortar casinos that Canada has to offer. Here’s our list of the top 10 land-based casinos in Canada.
Niagara Fallsview Casino Resort
Located just across the way from the world-famous Niagra Falls, Ontario, Niagra Fallsview Casino Resort is a hotel, spa, restaurant, and casino all in one. They have a range of dining and entertainment options, as well as a fantastic location right next to the Falls. After a day of taking in the local sites, they have plenty of gaming options, including over 3000 slots and a range of table games to play.
- Telephone: 1 (888) 325-5788
- Address: 6380 Fallsview Blvd., PO Box 300, Niagara Falls, ON L2G 7X5, Canada
Casino de Montreal
Right in the heart of the Circuit Giles Villeneuve, Montreal, is a spectacular building to look at, with glass and white pillars surrounding the exterior. The Casino de Montreal is Canada’s largest casino, and it offers a great evening of entertainment. It has plenty of casino options, including a great poker scene, hundreds of online slots, and a wide range of table games. There’s also a range of restaurants, bars, casino cabaret, and free shows for when you’re all gambled out!
- Telephone: 514 392-2746 / 1 800 665-2274
- Address: 1 Avenue du Casino, Montreal, QC H3C 4W7, Canada
Club Regent Casino
Further west, in the city of Winnipeg, is the Club Regent Casino. Located on the outskirts of the city, this casino offers more than just gambling, as it also has a fully functioning concert arena. There are plenty of great shows to see, including the Price is Right Live, Roy Orbison, and Boney M. After enjoying a show, there are plenty of gambling options, with over 1200 slot machines available, including the $1,000,000 Powerbucks progressive slot. Bingo also runs throughout the week, and there is a range of table games to choose from.
- Telephone: 204-957-2500 / 1-800-265-3912
- Address: 1425 Regent Ave W, Winnipeg, MB R2C 3B2, Canada
Located in the downtown region of the provincial capital of Saskatchewan, the Casino Regina is a former train station turned gambling house, with a range of games to play as well as music and Vegas-style shows. There’s a bustling poker scene, with plenty of tournaments taking place throughout the year. The casino also features 22 gaming tables and 60 Touch Bet terminals, with a range of minimum bets to suit every bankroll. There is also plenty of dining options on-site for when you’ve worked up an appetite.
- Telephone: 1-800-555-3189
- Address: 1880 Saskatchewan Dr, Regina, SK S4P 0B2, Canada
Casino de Mont-Tremblant
Up in the Quebec mountains lies the Casino de Mont Tremblant. While this is one of the smaller casinos on our list, that’s part of the appeal, as the small building gives off a welcoming lodge-like vibe. It’s a great place to play slots, as there are a number of different games available, with lots of progressive jackpots to be won. There are also plenty of table games for fans of card games, with baccarat, blackjack, and three-card poker all available.
- Telephone: 819-429-4150 / 1-877-574-2177
- Address: 300 Chem. des Pléiades, Mont-Tremblant, QC J8E 0A7, Canada
River Rock Casino Resort
On the north side of the city of Richmond and overlooking the Fraser River is the River Rock Casino Resort. There’s everything you could ever need at River Rock, from a hotel to entertainment, to dining to gaming. It has a wide range of gaming selections available, including Texas Hold’em poker from 11am-3am every day, as well as over 1200 slot machines and plenty of table games.
- Telephone: 604-273-1895 / 604-247-8900
- Address: 8811 River Rd, Richmond, BC V6X 3P8, Canada
Located on the north edge of Lake Simcoe in northern Ontario is the stunning Casino Rama. This hotel and casino is located in a magnificent building on the waterfront and is the perfect getaway for those looking to escape the rat race. There are 47 gaming tables, including 6 poker tables, as well as over 1800 slots to choose from. Once you’re finished playing for the evening, there are plenty of bars and restaurants to choose from, and live entertainment throughout the year.
- Telephone: 1-800-832-7529
- Address: 5899 Rama Rd, Orillia, ON L3V 6H6, Canada
Last but not least is the Casino Lac-Leamy, located on the eponymous Lac Leamy in Quebec. Not only does it have great views of the lake, but they also have plenty of gaming options, including a Texas Hold’em Poker scene, lots of table games, and progressive jackpot slots. It’s also right next door to the Hilton Lac-Leamy, so you can stay within walking distance of this fantastic casino.
- Telephone: 819 772-2100 / 1 800 665-2274
- Address: 1 Bd du Casino, Gatineau, QC J8Y 6W3, CanadaFAQ
Is my personal data secure when I use an online casino?
If the casino is licensed by a recognized gambling authority, they have an obligation to keep your data secure.
Is it legal to play at an online casino in Canada?
Yes, playing at an online casino in Canada is completely legal. No rules prohibit Canadian players from playing at an online casino.
Are the games fair at Canadian online casinos?
If the casino is licensed by a recognized gambling authority, then the games will be fair. If you play at an unlicensed casino, you run the risk of games being rigged in the casino’s favour.
RTP stands for Return To Player, and it refers to the amount of a player’s bet they can expect to have returned to them over the long run. For example, a game with a 95% RTP rate means a player can expect to get back $95 of a $100 bet in the long run.
How do I know which casino to trust?
The best way to know which casinos to trust is to check out our reviews. We only recommend the best Canadian online casinos, so you can be sure that you’ll be playing at a great site.